Thursday, March 4, 2010

Slice of Life Day 4



SLICE OF LIFE BY JAIMEE

I love birds.
They are so cute, especially when they take baths. Feeding and watering birds is like having a pet. You have to make sure that their food is always full and that they have water. I enjoy looking at all types of birds. It is amazing all the birds that God created. Sometimes, birds can be messy when they eat. They just drop the seeds!
My favorite bird is the Red Bellied Woodpecker. It is so pretty. I love the black and white stripes and the bright red head. I took this photo right through our living room window. What's your favorite bird?
~Jaimee

5 comments:

  1. Jaimee,
    I don't know that I have a favorite bird, but today we read a story about owls. They are very interesting birds. As we read I was blown away by the handiwork of our Lord. Have you studied much about owls? We live 5 miles from a large wildlife refugee and they have programs on birds. I used to love to take my students for a field trip.

    Lennye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love birds too! They are so fun to watch as they dart in and out of the feeders all day long. One time I had a woodpecker that had a completely red head! He was beautiful. I really love the cardinals, who are always the last ones to leave the feeder every night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jaimee!
    My favorite kind of bird will have to be the blue bird. BYE!!!!

    ~Elizabeth~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red bellied woodpecker too.
    Josh

    ReplyDelete